Mantova Bronze Die Caserecce Pasta – 1 lb.
Pasta—in all its myriad forms— is the unifying link in Italian cuisine. Mantova Bronze Die Italian pasta is made from durum wheat. Durum wheat has a higher percentage of protein than whole wheat. The result is a texture and bite that really satisfies! Durum pasta is known for its impeccable flavor and nutritional value. Durum pasta has a reputation for being the highest quality and most flavorful.
This durum wheat is harvested and processed for Mantova Bronze Die pasta from the sunny, fertile soil of Apulia in Southern Italy – a place that is renowned for producing grains that are rich in vitamins and minerals. The culinary trilogy of the Mediterranean Diet is pasta, wine, and olive oil. This power trio is the ultimate trifecta of deliciousness and satiety. The Mediterranean Diet has a foundation of nutritious carbohydrates such as authentic pasta which is made with quality ingredients. A variety of vegetables, lean meats, dairy products, and seafood are used to add flavor and nutrients. The low-carbohydrate craze has been disputed by many dietitians. In truth, healthy carbohydrates play a key role in supplying energy to the human body and brain.
Good quality durum wheat pasta, such as Mantova Bronze Die Pasta, should have a pleasant scent and a golden-yellowish color that is uniform on the inside when broken. The real test, however, is in the cooking. Properly cooked, quality pasta should not break apart in the boiling water and must only slightly whiten the water with starch residue. This is a sign of high-quality wheat and proper drying techniques.
It’s important to know that pasta, once it is cooked, increases to about three times its original size. For this reason, the pasta pot must be of ample size to accommodate the volume of water necessary for the pasta to be cooked and expand. The ideal proportion is one liter of water for every 100 grams of pasta (about one quart to 3 ½ ounces) and should be salted with 10 grams of salt per liter (about a tablespoon per quart). To properly cook pasta, bring the water to a boil, add the salt, allow the water to return to a boil (salted water takes longer to boil), and then add the pasta. The temperature reduces when the pasta is added. Cover and allow to come back to a boil, stir occasionally, and cook until al dente or “to the tooth.” This means it should be firm yet chewy (remember the pasta will continue to cook for a bit when removed from the water). Once cooked, the pasta should be strained, sauced, and served. Buon appetito!
- HEALTHY DIET – durum semolina pasta is made with high-quality plant-based ingredients and doesn’t contain refined or artificial ingredients. Durum wheat pasta digest slowly, keeping you full and satisfied for longer so you don’t overeat!
- HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS –, Non-GMO, authentic Italian 100% durum semolina wheat flour is used to create this healthy and delicious pasta. Durum semolina has the best texture and highest protein content for pasta.
- NO EGGS, GMO-free, no additives, no preservatives, 100% natural ingredients
- MADE IN ITALY – This Authentic Italian recipe contains only high-quality ingredients, no preservatives, artificial flavors, or processed ingredients.
- EASY TO PREPARE – There are so many delicious ways to serve pasta. Prepare a tomato sauce and add greens, veggies, and more for a vitamin-rich meal the whole family will love. Or, add proteins for an extra boost. Make it how you like it and enjoy the satisfaction.