Colle Monacesco Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Connoisseur Oil – 17 oz.
Colle Monacesco Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a healthy EVOO perfect for daily use. A mellow flavor with a sweet, nutty undertone that adds depth and nutritional value to your recipes. This oil is great for sprucing up salads, dips, and sauces. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a great addition to a healthy diet and can be used raw or for cooking. Despite information suggesting that olive oil loses value when cooked, olive oil maintains its integrity up to medium heat, so feel free to use this high-quality oil to pan fry, sauté, and prepare your favorite meals! Mantova provides true, Italian quality ingredients grown, bottled, and sourced on Italian soil.
Top Ten connoisseur extra virgin olive oil. Luigi Veronelli, a highly respected Italian food wine expert, has rated Colle Monacesco as one of the 10 best extra virgin olive oils available in Italy.
“The oil has an attractively fresh aroma of grated apples which turns slightly nutty as it ages. The flavor is full of lemons, apples, and nuts with some punchy pepper and a sweet finish.” This description of Colle Monacesco is from “The Olive Oil Companion” written by Judy Ridgway.
- FLAVOR PROFILE: The classic extra virgin olive oil, produced with 100% Italian olives. A cold-pressed, clean tasting, extra virgin olive oil. It’s rich flavor seasons well with a small quantity, which enhances instead of covering the flavor of every dish. The aroma is of fresh-cut grass and almond. A buttery, mild, fruity beginning fills the mouth with a delicate flavor of herbs and green olive, and a delightful spicy note arrives on the finish.
- TOP 10 ITALIAN OIL: This oil ranks in the top ten for Italian olive oil. It is made with a selection of olives that are grown in and around the area of the Mantova processing facility. This oil is made by blending two prestigious varieties that are well-known in the region: Moraiolo and Olivastro.
- MORAIOLO AND OLIVASTRO BLEND: The Moraiolo olive is known for its pleasant, fruity tones and herbal notes. It is a medium-bodied olive that is slightly spicy and astringent. Olivastro olives have a similarly bitter and astringent profile with complex fruity tones reminiscent of apple and a full-bodied, nutty smoothness.
- AUTHENTIC ITALIAN: At Mantova, we go beyond “imported.” All of our ingredients are grown and sourced in Italy. We believe Italian quality comes from Italian soil and production methods. All of our products are made from authentic and high-quality Italian ingredients, and are pressed and bottled in Italy. It would not be a “real Italian” product without the Italian art of taste selection and blending. That is why Adriano Mantova, with his over 25 years of in-family experience and tradition, personally tastes hundreds of samples from all over Italy to select the ones that will meet his standards.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA: For the chef in your life who appreciates fine, authentic ingredients and subtle flavors. Mantova Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes a great functional gift that will nourish your loved ones and surely be appreciated.