Herb & Cheese Penne Pasta
- 1 box Mantova Bronze Die Penne Pasta or Mantova Whole Wheat Organic Penne
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Mantova Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, enough to cover bottom of pan
- 2 pints Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Capers
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the Garlic EVOO in a skillet. Add cherry tomatoes and sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Add the cooking water to the cherry tomato and garlic mixture, creating a light sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Then fold the penne pasta into the sauce.
- Season with black pepper, fresh basil slices, and grated cheese.