Oats & Nuts Granola
- 4½ cups whole grain oats
- 1½ cups walnuts, chopped
- 1½ cups almonds, chopped
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed tightly
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Mantova Italian Golden Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or substitute one our Mantova Flavored Spray Oils for an enhanced nutty, toasted flavor: Walnut, Flaxseed, or Grapeseed)
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon, optional
- ½ cup dried fruit (raisins, craisins, banana, mango, or cherry), optional
- Mantova Walnut Oil Spray, optional
- Preheat oven to 250°. Line two cookie sheets with silicone pat or parchment paper.
- Finely chop the pecans and almonds and then add to oatmeal, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon (optional) in a large bowl. Stir well.
- In a small bowl combine the maple syrup and oil. Whisk until well incorporated. Add the vanilla and almond extract. Mix well.
- Add the syrup & oil mixture to the oatmeal. Mix until thoroughly coated and evenly distributed. Add the dried fruit, if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to the cookie sheets, spreading out evenly. Spray the top of the granola with Mantova Walnut Oil. Place in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring the granola and rotating the cookie sheets every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Transfer to an airtight container. Can be served with fresh fruit, milk, yogurt, or ice cream for breakfast or a quick, healthy snack. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!