Minestrone Di Recoaro
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Mantova Italian Classic Olive Oil
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans Romano or Kidney beans
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas or beans
- 2 bay leaves
- Mantova Spaghetti or Mantova Rigatoni
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Heat oil and butter in a large pot. Add garlic, onion, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is begins to color.
- Add all the vegetables and stir for 2-3 minutes. Then fill the pot with water to about 3 inches from the top of the vegetables. Bring to a boil with the lid ajar. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 2 hours.
- Place a strainer or colander on top of a large pot. Ladle about a ⅓ to ½ of vegetables into the strainer and mash through the holes. Return the mashed vegetables to the soup and stir.
- Add broken pieces of spaghetti or rigatoni and cook until ad dente, according to the package directions. Ladle into bowls and top with fresh basil. Enjoy!