Italian Sausage and Ground Beef Lasagna
Delicious, hearty lasagna made with jarred marinara sauce, oven ready lasagna noodles, Italian sausage, and ground beef.
- 1 box Oven ready Lasagna pasta (or any pasta)
- 2 tbsp Mantova Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced large
- 1 bell pepper, diced any color (green, red, yellow)
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Reggiano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Goya Adobo optional
- 1 packet Goya Sazon optional
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp Goya Sofrito
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage (hot or sweet) ground
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 jars Mantova Marinara Sauce (24 oz)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet or pan, add 2 tablespoons of Garlic infused olive oil, 1 large onion (diced), 1 medium pepper (diced), 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon of Adobo, 1 packet of Sazon, 1 teaspoon of Oregano and 1 tablespoon of Sofrito along with ½ lb. sausage and ½ lb. ground beef.
- Cook until the meat is brown over medium-high heat, stirring regularly. Lower heat if cooking too fast. Once the meat is cooked, remove from the heat, and add the 2 jars of Marinara sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- In a bowl, combine 15 oz. Ricotta cheese and 1 egg yolk. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Begin assembly
- Spread a thin layer of prepared meat and Marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. This helps to prevent the pasta from sticking to the pan.
- Then place the oven ready lasagna pasta on top of the sauce. (This creates the bottom layer of the lasagna.)
- Ladle 1/3 of the meat and sauce mixture onto the top of the lasagna pasta layer and even it out.
- Then add 1/3 of the ricotta and egg mixture along with 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese and smooth over the top of the sauce and meat mixture.
- Cover this layer with oven ready lasagna pasta and repeat the steps two more times. You should end up with four layers of oven ready lasagna pasta and three layers of meat and sauce mixture.
- When the layers are done then top the over ready lasagna pasta with the remaining sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the parmesan or Reggiano cheese over the mozzarella.
- Cover and bake the lasagna for 50 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!