Instant Pot Creamy Risotto
- Instant Pot
- 3 tbsp Mantova Colle Monacesco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1¾ cups Molinella Italian Arborio Rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan, plus some for serving
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Prepare onions and garlic, and measure out the rice.
- Set your Instant Pot to "sauté" and let it heat up.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion and cook until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and rice. Cook the rice until lightly toasted and aromatic, about 3-8 minutes.
- Stir in white wine and cook until evaporated.
- Stir in broth, cover, and set the steam valve to "pressure" and turn to HIGH. After the cooker reaches high pressure cook for 6 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually and add the peas, cheese, and butter. The rice will seem watery when removing the lid but will firm up nicely as you stir. Continue stirring until the rice is creamy and the peas are warmed, about 2 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings according to preference.
- Divide into 4 bowls and sprinkle on remaining parmesan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!