Ham & Peas Fettuccine
- 2 tbsp Mantova Italian Golden Extra Virgin Olive Oil or for a boost of flavor use one of our Grand'Roma Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oils (garlic, lemon, Tuscan herb, or truffle)
- 6 oz cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 8 oz Mantova Organic Fettuccine Pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan on medium and brown the chopped ham.
- Add the milk and bring to a low boil, then simmer for 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the peas and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain. Then fold pasta into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of nutmeg. Top with chopped chives and grated cheese. Serve immediately.